Balanced Learning came from a conversation with Mike Lynch from Mentor High School. The two of us were having a conversation about how everyone is trying to move to Personalized Learning. Mike stopped me mid conversation and said, "Why don't you go with Balanced Learning instead of Personalized Learning?" Of course I became intrigued and wanted to learn more about how Mentor School District is using the idea of Balanced Learning. Here is what I came away with from our conversation:
- Balanced Learning Means to....
- Design an educational system that balances out the classroom
- Explore programs work best for the students. Meaning, STEM, Blended, Personalized, Project Based....
- Explore programs work best for the teachers?
- Develop a balanced the learning approach that fits with the whole student.
- Creating a professional development rich environment that will all learning to learn at his/her own pace
- Haynes Bridge Middle School - two day coaching and training on Personalized Learning
- Pickerington City Schools - Administrator training on the key aspects of blended learning
- Onsite coaching days with - Fairbanks, Pickerington, Leawood, North Union, Southwest Licking, Mentor, Akron STEM, and Santa Monica
- Great Prairie Blended Learning Training Day
- Chicago Blended and Personalized Learning Conference - November 17th and 18th
- NAMTAC Keynote Speaker - November 26th
Free TEchnology Tools
Looking for Part Time Help
We are looking for blended and /or personalized learning coaches that might want to pick up a couple of extra hours. Here is what we are looking for...